Sunday 9 October 2011

So I thought I'd do a little blog to show you our new studio!
The picture on the left is me and my lovely assistant Fallon, our tools at the ready!

Moving the industrial sewing machine to the studio was a bit of a struggle but with the help of some nice strong removal men we've settled in quite nicely.

The studio is part of an old police station in south east London and the building is amazing. The loo is an old holding cell... it's quite surreal to say the least! It's great to be in a building with other creatives and I think we're going to be really happy there. The other thing to note about the studio is it's in the basement so when we're in there we're a little bit oblivious to what's going on in the outside world. The warm weather last week went unnoticed as we toiled away underground!

We are next door to some photographers and last week one of them brought his super cute pup Alfie to work. It was VERY hard to get any work done with that cute little face looking at us. Too many belly rubs and not enough sewing when Alfie's around!

At the moment I'm still working on the Hornblower suit, so far so good although sewing on all the gold braiding is going to take ages!

Panto season is coming up so we're getting prepared for that and we also have some quite exciting projects in the pipeline... I'll update the blog when I can tell you more but it's going to be a fun winter at Costumes By Wendy HQ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment